Lemon tree

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348
Im going to get lemon tree. Four seasons lemon seems most reliable. Grew Meyers lemon years back....from Eden Project not far away.....but it proved fickle. Any experiences of growing lemons in pots?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,428

You're just rubbing salt into the wound - there you are down south with a sub-tropical climate - here we are shovelling snow!!! image  

I used to grow lemons in my previous existence when we had a large conservatory/porch - don't know what variety they were - they were presents from a friend who was head gardener at a stately home image  The only problem I ever had was whitefly - sadly I couldn't take them with me and the ex doesn't have green fingers image

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood
    In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood

Glad you don't need digging out image

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,285

There was a feature about growing citrus in pots on the tv programme a-z of gardening this week - it will still be on the iplayer if you want to watch (sun 9am, BBC2)

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • mine grow in pots and they like to live in the sun room with out heating and watered when really dry (1 a month in winter) and misted occasionally.In winter and summer they need a feed and if you can get them out side n summer when the sun is shining.In Italy  saw them in pots put out for the summer and back in winter,and they looked lovely.

• ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

hi, Verdun, maybe look HERE . We start growing lemon and kaffir lemon also in pot- successfully.Best luck and enjoy the blossoms too..., ThaiGer.