midnight supreme rose.

A lot of people are selling seeds for a bright blue rose called midnight supreme. Nobody sells the plants. One Ebay vendor I contacted (with a very high rating) insists it's a true rose and one was displayed at the midlands thee counties show. Yet most experts say it can't be blue without an added gene and there is no such thing as this rose. Can somebody tell me what's going on?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,473

Roses won't come true from seed, so even if they are seeds from a rose called Midnight Blue, they won't grow into the same plant as the parent.

It's a scam.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,087

Are we talking about Rosa 'Mucky Mauve' here?

Don't waste your money. 

Hi Edd, wasn't there a thread sometime last year with multicoloured roses and blue strawberries?

Perhaps they're dip dyed like the heathersimage

I go back as far as inkwells in school desks. White flowers turn blue if you put them in the inkimage 

Some teachers didn't appreciate the scientific nature of our experimentsimage

• Katherine WKatherine W Posts: 410

They even sell rainbow coloured rose seeds all over the place lately. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Don't cry Katherineimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,473

Oscar Wilde wore a Malmaison carnation dyed green in his buttonhole - the florist just put the stem in a pot of green ink. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• this has shattered all my dreams

• I keep seeing that this is a scam. Upsetting, but whatis worse, i see that people are selling these on eBay and Amazon with seemingly no problems.

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,657

I can remember when florists used to sell Esther Read type Shasta daisies dyed pink and blue, but they were cut flowers and no-one claimed they were really that colour. Even as a child it was common knowledge how they were made and I played about with daisies in food colouring too. Of course children don't get taught to write properly with pen and ink nowimage