Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

grafting

Experiments to Prove you can Graft a Pelargonium from the Ethnobotanical Garden -Shroomery.This Experiment has been Carried out,with Pictures of how to Graft a Pelargonium on the Internet ,Everybody is talking about it,Go to You Tube and Watch the Experiment,They have put Three Colours Scions on one Root ,Now if you can Graft a Pelargonium you can Bud a Pelargonium,Just think what a Pelargonium 4 ft Standard  would look Like,With Several Colours on the Top, Would be the Best at Chelsea RHS Flower Show,

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Personally I think a quadruple coloured standard pelargonium would be hideous image

I'm not sure why you'd want to bother grafting them anyway. Being able to do something doesn't necessarily make it a good idea!

Just my opinion - for what it's worth image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

I love pelargoniums as they are. Got my fair share of them which i keep adding to each year overwinter them all in a greenhouse.

• WELL for you gardeners.if you can graft a plant you can bud the plant,

and looking at the regal or martha washington pelargoniums x domesticum,which is a larger plant ,bigger flowers .this would be more easier to graft .i wonder who will graft it first.

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

Why?

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • just sent you the attachment from the ethnoboanical gardens on how to graft a pelargoniom.hope you enjoy,

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 5,698
    Looks like the era of the multiple coloured pelargonium is almost here! Can just see it at B&Q with the rainbow spray-painted heather and acid green/blood red/bright orange heucherasimage
    "What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbour". 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138
    robert peter Dunford wrote (see)

Experiments to Prove you can Graft a Pelargonium from the Ethnobotanical Garden -Shroomery.This Experiment has been Carried out,with Pictures of how to Graft a Pelargonium on the Internet ,Everybody is talking about it,Go to You Tube and Watch the Experiment,They have put Three Colours Scions on one Root ,Now if you can Graft a Pelargonium you can Bud a Pelargonium,Just think what a Pelargonium 4 ft Standard  would look Like,With Several Colours on the Top, Would be the Best at Chelsea RHS Flower Show,

Shroomery is a website devoted to Magic Mushrooms.  Lots of odd stuff on there, not to mention discussion of psychedelic multi- coloured whatevers. 

No wonder the OP is attracted by multi-coloured geraniums image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• When I was a Member of the Royal Horticulture Society .Where they have there Flower Show Every Year in Chelsea Naval Hospital London.in 1960 a Pelargonium Grower put in all the Newspapers.That he could take a Cutting of a Pelargonium.And in Three Months have a  4 Foot Pelargonium Tree .Well at the time knowbody believed him.But now I have found all about Gibberellic Acid.What they use to Make Grapes Fruit Larger,Apples and Pears Larger,Can make Seeds Germinate Quicker.Can make all Plants even Trees Bigger,And is Very Inexpensive ,all Garden Nurseries are using it Today.They have told me they Just Spray the Bottom of the Pelargonium/Fuchia and it Grows so Fast ,It is the Ingredients in Super Grow,You can use it on any Plant Just  a Pinch in Water,So I now know what that pelargonium grower was using,thought I would keep you up with gardening

• more about Gibberellic Acid when you want to Make them Bigger you must Increase the Feed,.If you Spray a Rose Bud and Increase its Feed,You will have More Flowers and Bigger Blooms

• 8 years ago shroomery gardens done this experiment proving peligonimons could be grafted i was grafting them in 1950 .now how far has grafting gone .i started grating and budding then experimented into root grafting alot easier .