Badgers

Check out my video of badgers feeding:

I hope you enjoy it.

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

What a great video, Simon! Enjoyed it very much!image

• Simon KnottSimon Knott Posts: 115

Thanks SwissSue, glad you enjoyed it. Although, I don't think the link pasted properly so here goes again: 

https://youtu.be/yhM1Dl8zFgc

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,658

Not often now that we have a dog who roams about everywhere, but they are regular visitors in our fields and we have a thriving sett. We see their tracks in the winter snow and they dig up the fields looking for for grubs and pignut, but in 30 years have only seen one twice and one of those was a dead baby. It was too small to have been out alone, so had presumably been removed by the parents.

We have thought about badger watching,but it is very cold and windy out in the field at night and there is no human-size cover so they would sense us straight away. Used to see badgers regularly on the way into town though, picking up my daughter in the wee small hours!

One tried to get into our chicken house once - the claw marks made deep scratches in the wooden roof, over 4ft high. Ducks that nest nearly always get their eggs taken and a neighbour once found a badger asleep in her hen run, having polished off a bantam hen and her nest.