Advice needed.

I have a border which is 4feet x 12feet.There is a bank that drops from the border into a beck.The other side of the beck goes onto a farmers field,often used for dog walkers. I have just bought two decent size laurels,a holly to act as screening. I have also bought a couple of dogwoods red colour to go at the front.Any ideas to fill up the border.I was thinking of chrocrosmia . I would be grateful if Anyone can advise .I can post a photo if needed. Thanks

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,522

Post a photo lotty, I like to see photos.  which way does it face and what's the soil?

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

Crocosmias are quite late flowering, I would be tempted to go for daylilies or an  Erysimum for a longer season of colour.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,168

In an area that large you could have a variety of plants, perhaps flowering throughout the seasons.

• Hi

Thanks for that. Can anyone tell me how to inset photos onto the forum.

Lotty
  • sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806
    lottyh40 wrote (see)
    Hi
    Thanks for that. Can anyone tell me how to inset photos onto the forum.

Lotty

Click on the oak tree next to ABC on the message-bar- a box will come up-then select,upload,save.image

• Hi

Sorry I'm using an iPad and the message bar doesn't seem to be there.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Lotty
  • sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

You can't do a direct upload then -you can post a link from a photo sharing site like flicker or photobucketimage

Does that help?

• Hi nut cutlet still cannot upload my photos very annoying.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,522

something cheap and cheerful to fill in the gaps til they grow?