Weed killer.

Has anyone ever used a product called Totril. It is a selective weed killer. I have enquired at our local garden center today, and was told they had not heard of it. Maybe it is only available in commercial horticulture. Any help would be appreciated.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 42,783

I think it's only available for use by commercial growers - the information here http://www.bayercropscience.co.uk/our-products/herbicides/totril/ says it's not to be applied using hand-held equipment, which would imply use by commercial growers only.

Gardening is cheaper than therapy, and you get tomatoes. 
  • cajarycajary Posts: 26

That's a very useful link, Dove, thank you. cowslip, why does it have to be selective? Is it for lawns or what?  There are several weed killers available for different problems.

• cowslip2cowslip2 Posts: 93

Many thanks Dove. My reason was regarding a rather large patch of onion sets on land which has never been completely clear of weeds. Our fault of course! I was told that Totril was specifically used for weeding the allium family. Hence my interest. Now, thanks to the web site I realize It cannot be used by hand held sprayers. Oh! dear!