Whats your plans for the garden this year?

So whats everyone's plans in the garden this year? Any challenges ahead or redesigning or adding anything exciting?

• I am hoping to have more time to do the borders and get good displays of flowers through the seasons and to hopefully grow more herbs as well as getting the vegetable garden being more productive .image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,255

Get the far corner of the garden under my control. Too many nettles and not enough sun for the butterflies to want them. Too much rubbish too near the surface. Too much ever seeding goosegrass, plus some non fruiting brambles. It has little for me or the wildlife. 

Or maybe more sitting and looking at the good bits

• Oh so many things! I want to create a 'secret garden'. I have the space in mind and lots of 'hard landscaping/possibile architectural' things but I am a bit lacking on the design/creative side image. Growing fruit and veg is my real passion so I also want to do a lot more with flowers image , Janet

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,455
    I want to re do couple of beds in back corners , need some shrubs I think for height. Also hoping to extend pergola round to incorporate a swing seat and more screening from next door ....along with the other thousand things on my to do list ????
  • i am goin to enjoy my allotments as i do every year ,

Its funny, the garden doenst look so big but its 80 foot long image

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,820

I have targets to reach each year as the garden is still young and establishing - not evolving yet. list the targets at beginning of year and tick off as achieved. Still have one of last years to complete. 

- get a new raised veg bed - have 3 but not enough,

-Slightly widen and plant the jewell bed

- finish Fairy dell started last year, mostly planting, and a quiet small patio/sitting area

- hopefully make a herb border

- sort out front garden!!!!!!!! goodness knows how, but it's boring

And today's work. Sink pond in with froggie runway inside and out and Kevin keeping an eye on things. Very pleased with it. As you can see the garden was abandoned 30 years ago. Loads of stuff planned and many plants growing. image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,255

Nice project there Sam.