Plant id

4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

So, I know it's a Hosta, but I'm hoping someone can tell me what variety I have image

The label said "Hosta, mixed" image but it seems to be just one type.

Looking forward to your thoughts image

• Lena NLena N Posts: 189

Is it Pizzazz?  or Wide Brim?  I've got one of these in my garden from the T&M offer in February.

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,030

I think the seller has received a bulk load of young hostas of different varieties and to save 'problems' have just named them mixed.  Yours will just be one type but that's where I admit I don't knowimage.

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

Looks like one I have called Twilight

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,416

There are so many green hostas with golden edges with leaves that shape - you'll need to see how big it grows, what the flowers are like and all sorts of things like that, and then an expert might be able to make an educated guess. 

I was in Homebase earlier, they had a pot of Hosta, Mixed - with rounded blue leaves.

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 15,146

I wish I could tell you what it is, but ,as Dove has so wisely pointed out, there are so many. 

Sorry Matt, but it's not Twilight, which had darker green , smooth, glossy leaves. 

Pizzazz is a possibility  as is Christmas tree perhaps. Wide Brim tends to have more rounded , less pointed leaves.

Wish I had an answer. image

Devon.
  • ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

Yeah I guess there are so many. I have one in the garden that simply said 'Mixed' on the label.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 15,146

I bought 12 from a nursery one summer. Went to India for 3 months in winter and when I came back all the labels had faded: NO IDEA.

Devon.
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Dove, that's where I got it from image It was only 50p, so mustn't grumble image

Thanks all for your comments.  I guess I shall wait till it has grown more and is flowering image

oopsie Hosta image