Forum home The potting shed

roses

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,554

Maybe all a big yeahsowhat? for those of you in warmer parts, but here is what I woke up to when I opened the bedroom curtains this morning. Apart from the rain.

Maigold. Actually flowering in May for a change.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,554

Thanks. I love this roseimage

• philip4philip4 Posts: 42

its a beauty!

• ginagibbsginagibbs Posts: 756

Its gorgeous. None of my roses are in flower yet.

Yes Susan, it does have a nice perfume but the climate here is always a bit fresh so you have to get close up to things!image

It was quite a surprise to see it - it usually flowers in June. Must have been that spell of sunny weather that did it.

Tipping it down todayimage

• OldtykeOldtyke Driffield.Posts: 155

Beautiful! I can't wait for my first bloom.

• Hi Pansyface

Looks like a royal albert rose.We have one but its just started to bud

Enjoy

Jolly Gary

• What a beautiful bloom and perfumed tooimage I've been to GC this morning and got two climbers Penny Lane and Starlight Express both meant to be fragrant I never noticed aMarigold or I might have been tempted much a gorgeous colour.

Hope the rain stops for you and you don't get the tremendous winds we are suffering at the moment

Thanks primrose. Climbing roses are my favourite. Unfortunately, Maigold has the most ferocious thorns -not especially large but millions of them. Winds, rain, pestlience - it's all run of the mill stuff here.

Good luck with your newbies.image

• ginagibbsginagibbs Posts: 756

Primrosecottage, I bought a Penny lane a few years back in B&Q's clearance. Its done really well and bloomed almost straight away. We also have a Kifsgate rambler and Wedding Days, cant remember names of any of the othersimage

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Just lovely image