The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Chimonanthus praecox

nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,624

I've been thinking today and there are questions. Chimonanthus praecox I grew from seed maybe 10 years ago, might be a bit more. It's 5 or 6 feet tall and quite bushy. Any ideas when I might expect a flower?

• discodavediscodave Posts: 510

has it never flowered?

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,624

nope, not a sign

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,942

This article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/howtogrow/3297316/How-to-grow-wintersweet.html suggests that it mght take up to 7 years to flower, so yours is definitely being a little tardy - perhaps a dose of potash might give it the right idea? 

NB to self - another idea for the new bed in the front garden imageimage

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 

Thanks Dove, I'll have a strong word with it and a bit of potash. It can have the contents of the ashpan from the woodstove, or would that be too extreme?

I wonder if the 7 year estimate is from buying one at a GC when it would already be several years old. Mind you, mine is fairly substantial looking now and I hope for action very soon. 

At last, not many but it's a startimage

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 11,533

Congratulations on the Christmas birthimage

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

Thanks pansyfaceimage

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,293

I don't know that one but it does look very attractive.  What aspect and soil Nutcutlet ? I'm thinking of my new hedge planimage

The soil is very well drained and lacking in humous. It's now quite shady which it wasn't in the beginning. It may not be ideal, may be the reason I had to wait so longimage