Forum home Talkback

Dawn Chorus

DaisydayDaisyday Posts: 373

I was entranced by this programme last night on BBC 4. It was a recording of bird song at dawn at various locations without any background music or human voice to spoil the atmosphere. The name of each bird was posted . I think it is part of a slow down series of programmes and I loved it. image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,544

Fantastic. Such a refreshing change from the usual swooping camerawork and "look at me" presenter worship.

I also enjoyed a similarly unaccompanied (by music or speaking) programme called Handmade. There are several of them. The one I saw was about making a glass jug. I shall never look at a bit of old glassware in the same way again.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,268

I recorded the dawn chorus and ther Handmade programmes - at the moment I'm watching The Canal Trip - a real time journey on a narrow boat, with no commentary - bliss image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,907

I like the direction TV is going with the 'slowed down' program style.  I love Top Gear, but I don't want every single program 90% filmed by aerial-copter drones (I've been noticing more and more weird swooping aerial shots in GW this season too!).

Utah, USA.
  • No, but thanks, I'll look it up on iPlayer.