Forum home Wildlife gardening

Dawn chorus

Did you catch 'Dawn Chorus' on BBC IPlayer?   It's beautiful, 60 minutes of dawn birdsong in various locations.. without words or music.  Absolutely heavenly.  They ought to do a series, each a different time of day.. or different animals.  The mating calls of urban foxes? image

Utah, USA.

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,932

I prefer to still be tucked into bed at that hour, thank you very much.  At that last possible minute it's out of bed and a rush to shower, tidy myself up a bit and my make myself presentable for the 30 little faces that will soon be shining up at me in the classroom.. kiss my children and husband as I rush out to the car with a bit of toast in one hand, then rush off to work and my waiting coffee cup.  No time for birdsong.  My classroom doesn't even have a window.. just a rather opaque skylight.  I have no idea the weather or sky for eight hours of the day.  So I have to watch my birds on the BBC at night.  

Utah, USA.
  • OneofsevenOneofseven Posts: 338

Thanks for the tipoff, Blue Onion.   I am downloading it now.   A while back I was waking and listening to our own dawn chorus at 7.15 in the morning, now it is considerably earlier, and I only catch a bit as I turn over in bed.   I need my sleep!

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

we watched that it was lovely image