Forum home The potting shed

The things we do for a bargain

Our local (cheapest of the three anyway) garden centre has 10% off if you are in before 9am.

Yawns. It was only a lie in...

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,453

Ours isn't open before 9am image

What bargains are you after Steve ...

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I have a bit of a list, I am treating myself to some decent new gloves for a start! I have £40 of vouchers too that a friend gave me as a gift.

• Sounds worth the early start Steveimage got 10%off plants in May at our GHimage shame they gave out the voucher last Thursday after we had paid for a load image

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,090
    Morning all image morning mother or should I say Dove, or combine and call you Dover?

That thunder storm you wanted Dove, seems to be in its way tonight! Very loud rain yesterday when caught in corrugated tin roof shed with two cats! But typically rainstarted after watering lawn seed! image

I love the idea of early morning discounts Steve! Due to work, I'malways upat the crack of dawn! Hope you got some lovely bits with ya vouchers!

As you can see Dove, I'm no longer locked out of thus site in myphone, I will sort tablet out when I have more time,

And thank you for poorly pet advice Steve! Flatface the cat is in a rapid recovery image

Have a great day allimage
  • Glad to hear about the cat.

Garden centre yielded tomato plants and compost, a couple of new hand tools, rose compost for the little climber to go in the pot with the obelisk, new gardening gloves, a hebe and a riotous clematis montana to 'accidentally' climb over the fence and cover the manky balding fir tree behind our fence, bird food and hedgehog nibbles!

Then I went to a certain large DIY chain and bought some wood and my new shed now has 90% of a work bench installed.

For I am man, hear me roar...

• There's a 9 in the morning?

Get away, you're having me on.

Wow, busy day Steve! I feed the wildlife in my garden also and Chuck any snails I find onto black bird meat feast corner!.....we have rather round blackbirds now! I have sweet peas climbing my obelisk.....they thought it a little chillyto start with buthavegot used to it now, toughened up and grown a pair! Should be hardy sweetpeas!image

Edd, as my name suggests, I'm a Womble that makes good use of the thingsthat I find, if I drive past a pallet outside someone's house, I ask if I can have it! If I see a skip, I dive in! Not very classy fir a lady, but what the hell! It's recycling! image .
  • Classy is as classy does! image

Lol....well classy certainly does! ..tend to have a don't givea c**p attitude to what people think....they will draw their own conclusions anyway! All I know is that I have only had to spend money on plants, all bricks, wood, paving slabs, edging,has all been spirited away by a Wonky Womble....image