Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Garden programmes on the web

Hi, I used to be a member of the BBC gardening boards and have been lurking here ever since they disappeared image.

Now I've finally taken the plunge and signed up here image.

I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to watching gardening programmesimage, and thought it might be nice to start a thread with links to the programmes I watch on the web image.

Today I'll be watching the latest episode of Gardening Australia. May seem a bit strange, but they sometimes have interesting items image. Every week they upload the latest episode onto their site, and from there you can either watch it directly, or download to your computer image.

http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/video/download.htm

Enjoy!

• kleipieperkleipieper Posts: 563

Oops, not a good start, when I start off by making a typo in the heading of my first thread image.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Hi Kleipieper - good to see you.  image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Thanks Dove, I've been lurking for so long that I feel I know you all already image.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Do feel free to pop into Hello Forkers for a chat - all are welcome image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Hi Verdun, I love rummaging on YouTube for all sorts of things image, and some TV stations even put their latest programmes on it.

Even our local Dutch regional TV station Omroep Gelderland has its gardening programme on it. But that's in Dutch, so I'm not sure if that would be very popular here image.

Thanks for the invitation Dove image. I may pop in one of these days!

• TesniTesni Posts: 163

Thanks for that, they look interesting! Pouring down here today, so I'll watch some of them this afternoon.

I've just found my TV garden fix for today image. American broadcaster PBS has just uploaded the latest episode of Great Gardening onto YouTube. This episode is about succulents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t61EzcMiL4

The older episodes of this year's series are also still available. The first one was an extra long spring special.

The next one was about restoring a historical landscape.

And last week's show was about garden gurus.

Rain forecast here for the afternoon, but at least I will have something to watch image.

• TesniTesni Posts: 163

Thanks, good find - I love YouTube!