Forum home The potting shed

Seeds are up

• Well...my lemonbalms up image waitin for the rest to show.
  • lisa69lisa69 Posts: 119

Good morning all image.

Wow you've all been so busy, I sat last weekend and ordered my seeds and was going to spend this weekend researching which ones needed a chill and I could sow.

I'm so glad the days are drawing out but still very wary of the threatened snow so I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks.  I made a few mistakes last year and was too late for most things and had some lovely toms but they never rippened so decided to keep a journal this year to make sure I keep notes (or try to) and learn by my mistakes.

• My tomatos ars doing well. I had a look at loads of different pages and they said i was ok to plant in january. Even this site said do it between jan and march. They have slowed down so very happyimage

Glad to hear it. 

My neighbour is growing under light in his greenhouse and being a nosey parker lol I had to ask,, orchids that take 2 years to mature (I have to say I have greenhouse envy lol).

Well I've dragged oout the seedling compost, vermiculite and perlite and I'm away larkspur need to chill and I have some granny bonnets so I'm getting wrapped up and going out to play image

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Sam-I know you won't believe me -but tomatoes-January for heated greenhouse, March for cold green house, April for growing outsideimage

But good luck to you anywayimage

• Hi sotongeoff. Its not that I dont believe you, im just having a go image Toms are in the house and will be for a while yet. Lisa, I have my Aguilegia sown and nothing yet but they do take a while. I have been given some larkspur but need to see when they are to be planted. Im quite enjoying it image

I did read that larkspur need to be 'chilled' to germinate so sowing ahoy image

• Ahhh. Cool. Thanks hun. Thats today sortedimage
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

11.30 and I haven't even been out to check the greenhouse yet. Or fill the bird feeders. 

• Ohhh you lazy monkey lol. Neither have Iimage