Forum home The potting shed

Seeds are up

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

All my aquilegias were sown and some aconitums and angelica gigas. Early on (when they got ripe) I sowed lots of tree paeonies. They're pretty reliable for a germinate in the spring. Some shrubs there as well. Mine from the garden and other peoples gardens and a few bought ones. There are 30 or so pots of something or other sown. Soon the HPS seeds will turn up and after that it will be time to sow the spring ones. All will be well as long as the overwintering 'almost hardies' are out of the greenhouse before the pricking out starts. 

• discodavediscodave Posts: 510

I just found a budle of seed packs that I ordered that I thought I had thrown away - result... and 3 of them should be sown in Feb - looks like I got a little more to look forward to Whoop Whoop...

• image finding seeds are ALWAYS a happy bonus Discodave. Even better when you still have time to sow them

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • image Brilliant!!! Well done. I keep checking the rest of mine but they are too cozy where they are I think for the moment image

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,094

My seeds have popped up just a few of them from the seed swap indoors on the window sill, may be I will grow a few more things or may be I should wait a bit - might still be early to sow them.

Something good when they pop up. Yeah

Hampshire Gardener
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I'm keeping an eye on my seed pots. But as what I sowed needs a chilling its a bit soon really. 2 slight frosts aren't going to do it. But more to follow I'm sure.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,090

Oh dear, I haven't sown a single seed yet. I wait until March and I don't want to heat the greenhouse at this time of year. Last year I sowed broad beans in the autumn and they all died after the snow and the -17°.

By the way, those sowing tomatoes from saved seed - make sure they aren't F1 hybrids as they don't come true to type.

Dordogne and Norfolk