Forum home The potting shed

Seeds are up

• I understand that Soton geoff. Thankyou. In honesty, I am now looking at my tomatoes thinking..image ..'you are too leggy' Im just impatient I guess imageimage

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,094

That's all right Sam if you have more seeds you can sow more later on.

My seeds still not showing themselves yet from seed swapping.

Are your seed swapping seeds doing ok?

Hampshire Gardener
  • Well, the ones that are to be in now are doing fine I think. Nothing has come as yet but being very careful with them as not many image

I have loads and only planted a couple of the Toms so not too worried. Its raining here again and looks like its on for all day so doing the design work for the garden on paper.

• discodavediscodave Posts: 510

Is it true that if you get a tomato, take out the seeds and soak the in water until they mould, then clean them off and plant them its free seed..?

• My mum always said that you take the seeds out the tomato, wash them so all the flesh is off then dry them and then they can be planted?image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Nothing wrong with a bit of impatience. Better than lethargy

• Miss BecksMiss Becks Posts: 3,468

Absolutely Discodave! Take a look at this page on this seed site. Shows you how to save lots of different seeds from stuff. Hope it helps. image

http://www.realseeds.co.uk/seedsavinginfo.html

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

No seeds up here, but I only planted the ones that needed a chill and they haven't had one yet. I'd love a winter with no chill, wonder what effect it would have on growing things and wildlife.

• Hmmm, I wonder. Its scary to think that if there were no bees anymore, the world would die. You dont think how much we rely on stuff. 

Do you have many in Nutcutlet?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.