Forum home The potting shed

Seeds are up

Wooohoooo. My first seeds have germinated. Mugwort. Only took about 6 days. Spring is on its way image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im on my phone and cant upload a pic but will in the morning. Its a lovely airy thick plant. Hang above your bed for good dreams, and can be used to rid kidney stones as well as aid childbirth. Grows up to 5 foot and has a great movement in the wind.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,997

Mugwort is artemisia.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • I only know my plants by the herbal names. But i will note that down busy lizzie image
  • Im on my phone and cant upload a pic but will in the morning. Its a lovely airy thick plant. Hang above your bed for good dreams, and can be used to rid kidney stones as well as aid childbirth. Grows up to 5 foot and has a great movement in the wind.
  • Hello can someone tell me if its normal that my honeysuckle shrub has started to leaf.I live in northern ireland.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802
    norman wysner wrote (see)

Hello can someone tell me if its normal that my honeysuckle shrub has started to leaf.I live in northern ireland.

Just the mild weather-it will stop if/when it gets colder.

• Mins is the sane Norman Wysner
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,080

That's good Sam are your seeds indoors they must be fast seeds - mine not shown themselves yet but has not been that long I suppose since I sowed them same day but different seeds. I do have cuttings that I took of cornus dogwood red indoors that seems to be in leaf but no signs of roots yet only done about 3 weeks ago in plastic cup - don't know if they should be somewhere cooler to root. Any one know?

Hampshire Gardener
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

My hardwood cuttings are outside. Inside warmth might bring them into leaf at the expense of roots.