Forum home Talkback

adblockplus

LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,523

Just to let anyone interested know that I have just installed Adblockplus on my android tablet.

I think there was talk before about it not being available for tablets, it is now, I couldnt stand that pop up add for Vernons Plants any longer!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,523

Go to bed Eddimage

Night Edd, and the adblocker is not working now, that was short lived!

• I wouldn't be without it. Especially on here or reading on-line newspapers. 

It is now working fine, there is a setting that you have to unclick to remove ALL adds, I had it set on allow non intrusive adds.

I have always had it on the laptops but couldnt get it on the tablets. Anyway, its now working fine and is brilliant.

• GillianBCGillianBC Posts: 121

Using pop-ups is really poor web design and drives people away. You wouldn't jump between two people having a conversation and interrupt, it's really bad etiquette.   All ads should be small and unobtrusive.  I love adblockplus, but have noticed that some sites have got around it e.g.Channel 4OD - it detects it and you have to disable it to watch anything now.  

• Mel MMel M Posts: 347

I have just been on the Kia car website and they now have lots of words highlighted in green. I mean it is littered with them!!!! Hit one of these little greenies with your cursor and an advert pops up. How annoying is that. No matter how careful you are with your cursor you are bound to hit them.

I will think twice before using that site again!