Forum home Plants

New Years Day flower count

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,122

I know the erigeron you mean Bjay.

Looks like I need to get some roses, I've been pondering on that for ages

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,039

Hello nutcutlet

My flower count is done now - I have in my front garden only the yellow Kerria Japonica in flower, the back garden still the Bacopa cabana white the Antirrhinums and yellow violas, also pink and purple Heathers, Hebe white don't know the name of this one and Hebe Lisa pink few bits flowering, yellow cowslip bit and a bit of yellow primrose and in another hanging basket a purple- blue- yellow viola mixed pretty. Not a flower but cornus dogwood looks nice and red in the garden.

So quite a few things in flower first time ever have gone out to flower count.

Thanks for the thread 

Are the flowers still out today in your garden?

Hampshire Gardener

Mine are, still very mild and predicted to get milder. Found a couple of white hellebores I missed yesterday, they must have been out then, they're wide open.

• BagzBagz Posts: 38

Ehh?? flower count......

Big fat ZERO image

Thats good nutcutlet more for your flower count

That is a shame Bagz maybe its a bit cold where you live, it is mild here not had much frost

Hampshire Gardener

A lot depends on what you grow. I've always liked to be out in the garden any time it's not wet or too cold so I plant to suit. Hence lots of winter flowering stuff. Also there's 2 acres here so I can spread out a bit. If I still had my former garden I wouldn't have room for everything and may well concentrate on summer.

That sounds a lot of work 2 acres, but a lot of space to grow a lot of plants, how big is that in metres?

Do you have different coloured areas in the garden?

Hampshire Gardener

It's not all cultivated, there's meadow, mowed in parts with wild flowers, some woodland. All a bit random as regards colour. After all the years I've been at it I still never remember when what flowers or how tall it is. Or where it is come to that - especially bulbs. It's fairly wild and a bit of a wildlife refuge. 

• Bagz wrote (see)

Ehh?? flower count......

Big fat ZERO image

Snap lol

• ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

Hello, only this two flower from nutcutlets list I have all the month:cyclamen and mahonia-siamensis, I'll look for more...ThaiGer.