Cucumber how to grow

Hi again please could I have yor tips on growing cucumber in a glass house please and the best one thank you

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,820

Tried for first time last year. Absolute disaster.image then bought from a stall at church and it turned out to be a marrowimage

Would love to read your sensible replies

Bjay

• What types of cucumber do you want to grow of several basic types.

Harry Dobson,Bernard Lavern are good sources about growing cucumbers.
  • Well sweet ones I tryed last year but failed don't know lot bout how to grow them eny tips please be use full
  • A variety name might help
  • I can't remember jest need to know how to grow a friend siead to build a pyramid so the warter drains away and not hold
  • Jason, for the last 2 years I have grown Passandra in a greenhouse. I grow three plants and they are hugely prolific - fortunately we love cucumbers!

http://www.dobies.co.uk/Garden/Vegetables/What+Veg+to+Plant+in/February+Veg+Planting/Cucumber+Passandra+F1+Seeds_434876.htm

After germinating in pots I plant them into the greenhouse bed about 18" apart. They grow tall so need supporting with canes and tying in. I use 12" lengths of pipe (about 30mm diameter?) sunk down towards the roots for watering as cucumbers don't like having their stems wetted. Outdoors I grew marketmore for the first time. It was a later producing crop, not hugely abundant but satisfying considering the weather we had.

What did you grow this year?

• Jason could you repeat you last post again in english
  • Well I can't remember but if u have a name for me that u grow I'd be grateful thank you and the easiest to grow
  • I'm trying to find out the best way to grow cucumber s
  • sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

Jason-are you using an I-phone by any chance- you messages are a bit incoherentimage