Tin Can Recycling

I thought I would share these to let folk see how dull my evenings are with no gardening. 1 tin can, 1 blowtourch and some old wire and a pair of snips and an hour = a small family of Dragonflies. These will look great on the tops of canes in the garden in amongst the plants image

• budlia63budlia63 Posts: 141

can we buy em Sam?

• I suppose you could lol. I bought one like it years ago for £10 but he was lonely so decided to see if I could make some myself. How many are you thinking?

please send me a close up pic and i'm thinking 3

There yi go Budlia63. 

• They look good Sam, you are very creative!

• Thanks New Years Fizz. Jeweller to trade. Just prefer to work in recycles materials for the garden now image

I love em but OH in bed now and how much would you sell for? Thanx sam

• No worries. No idea what to sell as so you can make a suggestion?

• Sam that looks good the only thing I have done with a tin can is to use as plant pot - has to be a ring pull one opened up and emptied washed then turn upside down and take bottom of can off the other lid, keep and use as bottom of pot drop down to the ring pulled side then fill with dirt/ compost and seeds like normal pots - sunflowers good to grow this way when grown push up the bottom of the pot and a nice size plant comes out hopefully saw this on GW programme and worked well when I had a go. 

Anybody made anything else with a tin can?

Hampshire Gardener
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,090

That's splendid Sam.

OH has been collecting cans for years. He's going to build a summer house and tile it with flattened out cans.