Forum home Talkback

"The Blues"

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,803

Salvia patens, deep blue velvety blooms.

Cornflowers in bloom at the moment. They go especially well with the bright yellow dandelionsimage

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • GillianBCGillianBC Posts: 121

Buttercupdays, you write like a poet!  Wonderfully descriptive.

• My newest blue find was Borage imageit was  in a flower mix.. I 've purchased a whole packet of it this yearimage

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,258

A blue for all seasons .....definitely my favourite colour flower image

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

bluebells, delphiniums, i love blue, only blue white purple and pink allowed in my garden with exception of narcissi in spring and crocosmia lucifer late summer

• Thanks for the pictures Chicky and Gina. Reminds me of summer yet to come....image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,687

My blues are hyacinths, anemone blanda, forget-me-nots, brunnera and pulmonarias in spring.  I have one with a rich deep blue flower and silvery leaves but don't know its name.  Then geraniums Johnson's Blue and Rozanne, Clematis Perle d'Azur, echinops ritro, eryngiums, plus some comfrey like plants I was given and can't name.  I used to have 3 different agapanthus ranging from light to mid to deep blue but they were killed off by a hard winter.

Last year I sowed anchusa and am now waiting to see them flower.   

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Geranium Roseanne is a great favourite here... arriving a little late, it then flowers its socks off for the rest of the year. Some geraniums have another go after a haircut, Roseanne just keeps going. I have several under a grouping of Queen Elizabeth roses. First year, can't wait.

( someone once wrote that it was the "most boring" plant, in that it plodded on, flowering. The RHS named it the plant of the century... you pays your money, etc.)