One for the ladies. ......

Not too sure about that Pauline.  In an accident your bag could cause problems.

better I think to keep,your handbag out of sight image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,472

How often do you have an accident?  

In any case, I'd be more worried about the driver and any passengers flying around, not to mention plants if I've just been on a raid..

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,219

I don't go out in cars very often but I can imagine myself doing up the seat belt and then forgetting I'd done it with the resulting embarassing moment when I try to leave the car in my usual hurry.....image

An ancient relative who lives in the States and drives a convertible (making up for a deprived youth) solves the problem (she says) by carrying a revolver in the glove compartment.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,219

My favourite party trick is looping the shoulderstrap of my handbag around the door handle as I leave the house.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,117

I always loop handbag straps over the gearstick. That way I don't kill my husband as he gets out of the passenger seat.

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

i wear an over the opposite shoulder bag so handle is pretty long and i double wrap it round the gearstick

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Anyone tried the central locking button, keeps them all out.

Frank.

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

it's when you stop at traffic lights/junctions etc with the windows open image

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,493

If you have air conditioning in the car then you do not need to open the windows.
     Is there a big bag snatching crime rate from cars in W.Yorkshire?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,754
    Palaisglide wrote (see)

Anyone tried the central locking button, keeps them all out.

Frank.

Yes, I use that when I'm driving in the city image.  I did once have a drunk try to open the passenger door when I was in a traffic jam in the rush hour.  20+ years ago when I was driving a beaten up Citroen - fortunately the road ahead cleared a bit and I put my foot down leaving him off-balance and falling onto his btm in the traffic - result !!!

When I'm driving with the top down image my handbag travels in the passenger footwell, whether OH's feet are there or not image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

My handbag  is usually in the front or back passenger footwell as are most things.  Not because I think someone is going to nick it but simply so it doesn't all fall off the seat if I stop in a hurry as I often need to on the country lanes round here.  I do have air conditioning but tend to prefer an open window except for motorways or heavy traffic as does my dog