Forum home The potting shed


Hi, Dose anyone use a SIM FAIRWAY 4000 E propane greenhouse  heater?

My heater (as above) needs a new Thermocouple, I have search the internet for the company and drawn a blank. I would like too know where I can buy a replacement thermocouple.


  • sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

    i had a google too but couldn't find anything apart from being for sale (the heater) on ebay, i would have thought that a plumber/gas fitter would be your best bet as i remember when my hob needed a thermo coupling and the plumber supplied one.

  • steephillsteephill Posts: 1,067

    It is illegal for anyone other than a gas safe registered engineer to carry out such a repair. Not to mention potentially lethal. Just imagine broken glass and aluminium shrapnel flying through your neighbours gardens. Don't even think about it.

    Try one of your local central heating companies. The part required is almost certainly widely used in gas fires and central heating boilers and it should be easy and relatively cheap to fit, especially if you can take it to them to save a callout fee.

Sign In or Register to comment.