Forum home The potting shed

Coffee anyone ?

If you are into having a cuppa when gardening, and in to either fresh tea with tea bags, or filtre coffee, why not use the old tea bags and coffee grounds on your soil ? A courteous visit to your local Starbucks , Cafe Nero  or whatever, will have you coming away with bags of free used coffee grounds and tea bags to use as a great addition to your beds, and it ends up as a great win win situation.  Free nitrogen, soil conditioner and all the fun of the fair !

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Coffee grounds on the top of soil is also a good cat deterrent image

• Peat BPeat B Posts: 441

I know ! besides, cats HATE coffee OR  TEA, Tha's why they like milk. 

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

And I have to admit, I don't mind the smell in the garden - so much better than poo image

And, for a bit of exercise, you can always go for a walk around the grounds !

With the change in the weather this past few days, I think cocoa, Bovril, hot choccy laced with rum is more to the challenge than simple tea !  Cheers !

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,496
    Peat B wrote (see)

With the change in the weather this past few days, I think cocoa, Bovril, hot choccy laced with rum is more to the challenge than simple tea !  Cheers !

What time are you coming around with the tea trolley/cocktail bar tomorrow morning? image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

0700hrs, oop t'lotty and armed with bird seed, fat balls and a mug of niger seed !

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,496

Peat B - get some live mealworms - I've got a robin feeding out of my hand and off my lap every day image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Don't get me started, Dove !

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Do you just ask for some spent coffee grounds in the shop?