Hello

Hi everyone. Just joined and very new to forum life. Not much gardening for me today as weather is miserable might get a few more veg seed sowed. I like to grow veg  and fruit mainly. I dabble with flowers ones that come back every year are my favourite. Hopefully I will pick up some more tips n knowledge form the site. image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,943

Good morning Fiona and welcome image

Whereabouts (roughly) are you?  I'm in Norfolk and after some light drizzle earlier this morning the sky's brightening and I'm hoping to get out there - when I've had more coffee and changed out of my pjs image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,611

Good morning and Welcome Fiona. 

Jump on in, it's lovely here.

Devon.
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Hi Fiona image

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Hi Fiona, welcome image
  • Hello friendly bunch

I have tickets to the Chelsea flower show this May, a gift from my kids.I am so excited but was curious how you guys found going to a flower show of this scale

Money will be in my purse and i intend to spend it! any suggestions on best buys or what to avoid? i also have tickets to the gardeners world live show has anyone been to that. x oh i am in Slough/Burnham, berkshire.

• Fiona TFiona T Posts: 2

Thanks for the warm welcome guysimage

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,193

Welcome Fiona and MandaPandaimage

MP - Chelsea isn't great for plant shopping - you can place orders with nurseries, but they don't have plants for sale on site (no room).  But its full of  inspiration and ideas (which are freeimage).  Never been to GW live, but I think there are more plant buying opportunities there

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Thank you chicky, probably best to place orders less dragging around all day.

i am looking forward to being inspired.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,611

Morning Manda.

My advice for Chelsea: wear comfy shoes, take your own food and be prepared for crowds and queues.

Devon.