Dissapointed

For the first time since I've been subscribing to gardeners world I was Dissapointed to see a full stand of gardeners world magazines in Sainsburys today... The reason.. With the magazine was free seeds and gloves with the 2 for 1 entry card!! Gutted to see yet another company/magazine enticing new customers with promos yet no such luck for those of us who are avid readers and eagerly await the magazine each month!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,345

I'm confused image 

I don't have a subscription to GW at the moment.  I bought my copy today at Waitrose.  It came with the 2 for 1 Entry Card and booklet - no sign of any free seeds or gloves image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Edd! image

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell
  • What a conimage  like you Dippy I have subscribed for years and I could do with a new pair of gloves. And seedsimage I bet they were tomatoes or rocketimage

I think I have an explanation - the GW mag sold at Sainsbugs this May is a more expensive 'Bumper Pack' sold only at Sainsbugs and  this has free gloves and seeds - it is not available anywhere else - however it costs £5.99 which is more than the£4.25 I paid for the usual version at Waitrose.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/gardeners-world

You pays more - you gets more. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,117

Its a shame subscribers don't get this kind of perk that can be useful. I get the subscribers edition of GWM but I can't see the difference to buying it, only that it arrives earlier.

• AWBAWB Posts: 406

I learned years ago, subscribe for a year taking advantage of the special offers, cancel and then wait for the new offers.

Gardenmaiden wrote (see)

Its a shame subscribers don't get this kind of perk that can be useful. I get the subscribers edition of GWM but I can't see the difference to buying it, only that it arrives earlier.

But somebody has to pay for it - there isn't a Perk Fairy - most subscribers already get the magazine cheaper than those of us who buy it from the shops - sometimes considerably cheaper image

Note to self - must take out a subscription image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,001

I used to sign up for the " 5 for £5" offer, then cancel the direct debit asap so it ran out, then repeat. I gave up when someone, who shall remain nameless, came back to GW

Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,574

I use my Tesco vouchers, only about 15.00 worth of vouchers per year! So the mag was free. I dont buy or subscribe any more, I look back over the past years mags and find so much contradiction, I was only buying for the pictures. Even contradictions in the same mag by two different gardeners!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,816

I love getting the 2 for 1 entry card and booklet on gardens to visit. I live in France and we go to England for holidays, always visit gardens. Pays for the subscription for the mag.

Dordogne and Norfolk