Gardening apps?

Hello,

I'm new here and pretty new to gardening too but getting more and more hooked by every opening blossom or peeping seedling.

Im after an app for my phone which can help me to identify new plants when I'm out and about as well as the ones which are still surprising me in our garden after 2 years. I know I should just buy a book but its not so easy to keep in my handbag. 

Any ideas or suggestions of ones to avoid would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,900

Hello and welcome Littledorie image

I don't know of an app, but you can take pictures and post them on here - we never get tired of identifying plants (or trying to) image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Now that's a sensible idea dovefromabove, thank you.

I promise to try not to post anything too silly, I think I can just about tell a daisy from a daffodil!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,900

You can give us a few easy ones if you like Littledorie - it helps our confidence image

To upload a picture from your pc or laptop you click on the green tree icon on the toolbar above where you type your post image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

If anyone does come across an app then I would be interested image Maybe Nut could create one? Or the forum - a suggestion for Daniel perhaps? image

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

There are some in development for wild plants, not sure about garden ones though. I think they could be quite limited, nothing matches the human eye/brain for pattern recognition!

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,925

Panda, I haven't worked out what an app is yet. Designing one is a long way offimage