Forum home Talkback

Talkback: Lemon verbena

Lemon verbena (Aloysia triphylla), just read blog on wonders herb, but have cut mine back in past this time of year, only for the last frost to kill them off - even tho they were in the ground and grown in pots. I now wait until they are in leaf and then cut back. are your lemon verbena under cover or outside when you cut back?

• Is it true cats hate this plant, if so I'll buy hundreds
  • The first leaves on my lemon verbena are just coming out too in a sheltered spot, south facing, and I'm looking forward to brushing past it on my way to the garden and releasing that fabulous smell. It will be a real tonic post op as my gardening this Spring is limited to throwing annual seeds and hoping something will appear when I get out of hospital - a cup of lemon brew will go down a treat then too!
  • Could you please tell me where I can purchase lemon verbena I live in East Yorkshire. thanks
  • I'd like to know where you can buy lemon verbena leaves and where I could buy an established plant(s). I live near Southend on Sea.
  • I don't know if I am imagining it, but I recall my parents (Sussex) either growing it, or making a spray of it, to keep cat spray from odouring the air around the front door. What can anyone tell me, please?
  • I bought mine at the garden centre attached to Harlow Carr, so a trip to Harrogate may be in order, Sandra, (Never a chore). Thanks for the tip, I had no idea what to do with mine, was worried it would be like lavender and only sprout from new growth.
  • I have explored everywhere I can think of without success to buy a Lemon Verbena plant. I live in Nottingham. Any suggestions?
  • kids cooking - fruit kids recipes
  • Hi Jekka, thanks for the info on lemon verbena. It's been growing in my garden for years and I've never know what to do with it. I will see if it's sprouting leaves and go and make myself a brew. I also grow lemon balm, can you do similar things with that? Thanks