Forum home Talkback

ask a silly question....

Janet  2Janet 2 Posts: 114
I know it's a silly question!! But who else is right handed but digs left footed (if that makes sense!). Really struggle driving the spade down with my right foot ,more natural for me to use my left. In my younger days if i played pool i had to hold the cue in my left hand too. My Dad was naturally left handed though when he was young he was taught to do things with his right. Must have been so difficult for him

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

i have just had to do a demo of digging while lying on my sofa and can confirm i dig with my left foot but am right handed 

• Not being rude, but how old are you? I'm in my thirties and can remember being forced at primary school to use my right hand even though I was left dominant. Maybe your legs are still left dominant? 

Slightly silly answer image

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Right handed, right foot, but on left support/shoulder of spade/fork image So what does that make me image 

I am 100%, no doubts, right handed image

• TootsietimTootsietim Posts: 178

I dig both ways, Right hand on top, left hand on the spade shaft and left foot on blade when I dig from right to left. Then , when I reach the end of the row I reverse everything and dig back the way I came.

• Keyser SozeKeyser Soze Posts: 126

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous! image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,356

I'm the same as Tootsietim.

When my dear late Mother went to school in the 20s, they'd tie your left hand to the chair if you tried to write with it. Imagine the fuss that would ,rightly , cause now.

Devon.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,573

Right hand, left foot for me, same as Janet2.

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Janet  2Janet 2 Posts: 114
    Thanks everyone x. I'm 53 Jimmy even though i try to convince people I'm 21!! Don't know why they never believe me!!image. Funny enough my son is right handed too but when he's having his dinner he holds his knife in his left hand,said to him recently it'll be interesting to see how my granddaughter turns out.
  • marc weirmarc weir Posts: 124
    Im very right sided. My left foot is only used for walking and I only eat with a fork in my right hand. Never use a knife I cut with my fork. I may as well have no left hand