Forum home Talkback

A Rant

2»

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,908

I have just had to give in and buy a new laptop (mustnt call them that now) this one is Windows 8, how horrible, you start it up and its really in your face with loads of bright gaudy icons or whatever they are called, spent ages deleting them, but then it leaves a  bright blue screen underneath that you need dark glasses for.

Then the start menu isnt, the shutdown is on the oposite side, and of course, I had to go through everything and put my passwords on again, anyone else hate changing computers?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 80,542

When I bought a new one I got it from a nice little IT shop in a nice little town and the nice IT man changed Windows 8 and made it look like the old desktop on my old laptop and transferred all my stuff - all part of the service image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,908

No one cares these days RB, look at all trouble I had.

Not that the nurses didnt care, its the ones above.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,703

The last place you want to be when you're ill is a hospital...

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Made a vow any plant without a label must be a weedimage problem is the indelible marker isn't cos I can't read what I wroteimage 

Can't have an apple without cutting into pieces these days  or in I T speak bitsimage