Moonlight runner beans

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,218

I bought a packet of these this year as in the past I have had to wait almost until the end of summer for the red varieties and the red and white ones to set.  Like you, I saw that they are supposed to do well in poor weather so I thought I'd give them a go. So far five out of six have germinated and are about 5 cms tall. I sowed a new lot of 7 today.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,925

I had a good crop of these last year. I thought they were very much like white emergo. I didnt like the firestorm red ones.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,658

Fantastic - if you lot are buying varieties that do well in cold wet weather, that means we're guaranteed to have a heatwave - Yippee!!! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,218

We had cold drizzle and a biting wind all day yesterday. Watched the evening news and saw people running the Sheffield half marathon in brilliant sunshine. Nothing new there.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    I grew moonlight the year before last, they grow better than white lady,they germinate a lot better as well.This year I bought firestorm so I'll see how they get on.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,658

Harrumph - you posted that a bit late Logan - I went to the GC this morning and bought White Lady image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    Sorry about that Dove fromabove white lady does grow well I've grown it for a few years but I do grow it in tubs that way I can cover with fleece to start off with to protect them from snails.