Forum home Talkback

Different daffodils & history ?

Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

I started taking photographs of my plants as they came into bloom.  This made me realise how many different varieties of daffodils I have in my garden.  I especially like these two for being so different.  it makes me wonder who it was that planted them and how long they have been there.  They must be at least 15 years old as previous owners didn't like gardening, where as the owner before them loved her garden.

What different daffodils do you have in your gardens ?

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,568

I like the top one. 

I like bulbs that persist and don't need digging up and splitting and faffing around with.

February Gold, Jetfire, Tete a Tete, though it tends towards single heads after time, and Pheasant's Eye have all been good. 

• Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

Peanuts, I too have a garden new to me and have had the same pleasure over the past few weeks. The garden is full of bulbs especially daffodils and tulips. It looks as if the previous owner bought a few of any new variety that she saw and tucked them in somewhere. It's lovely. I put this one in a thread earlier this evening and have already realised how many hundreds of types there are and how hard it is to find (and remember) their names. 

The best I can find for this one is that it is from a Split Corona collection. But I love it whatever it's called image

Your frilly one is gorgeous !