Garden Design Software

Hello, we are new here and can't easily find a topic on Garden Design Software.

Has anyone any suggestions for easy to use software?

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,706

Hi Heather and Graeme, welcome to the forum.  Not good news I'm afraid.  This question has been asked a number of times and so far no one has come up with a good product. 

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,800

Hi Heather and Graeme - as Yvie says, lots of similar queries in the past - here are some of the threads

http://www.gardenersworld.com/search/garden-design-software/

I use pen and paper image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 855

I used smallblueprinter.com to plan my garden...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee192/thebear843/d72de42d-5c54-4ae3-bb22-7117b3065978_zpszgb8yfxk.png

• Pippin4Pippin4 Posts: 63

It all depends on what you want to use the software for.  The main ones are CAD (can combine with SketchUp and Photoshop) or Vectorworks, However, none of these are easy to use and need teaching.  They are also expensive unless you are a student and can download a student version for free as long as you are studying.  There are some minor programmes that are only really suitable for smaller projects such as your own garden as they do not look very professional.  If it is only your own garden you are designing, the best thing is to get a good book on garden design (John Brookes or Rosemary Alexander would be good) and lots of paper.

• Thanks for the help and links.  Tried a few of the links, downloaded the demo's, but most don't work!

Will probably resort to just using paper and pencil.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,354

I've also tried a few and none of them have been worth the effort.