Forum home The potting shed

Weather warnings issued

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,421

All quiet here last night, on my side of the ear-plugs anywayimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • ginagibbsginagibbs Posts: 756

I need to get ear plugs then Nut, I did'nt sleep a wink, sounded like I was sailing on a Galleon!!image Garden looks like a bomb has hit it and even some paint has been blasted off the wall of the house. I'm in land locked Gloucestershireimage

• PerkiPerki Posts: 2,492

Think I need some ear plugs too, everything seems ok no damage to the GH for now image its still really windy and  sleet / hail / snow / rain / sunshine image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

In S.Yorks we have had strong winds all day, sun, drizzle, heavy rain and for last 20 mins hail that has now melted and the drains on the main road have flooded. Sun now shining image

• floraliesfloralies Posts: 2,684

Bad down here too, polycarbonate G/H is rockin and rollin and i daren't hang washing out as it will go over the hills and far away!

• ginagibbsginagibbs Posts: 756

Wow, thanks for that Charlie November, whats the fore cast for this weekend for the south west please?image

P.s is the pigeon ok?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,421

There was a heat wave predicted for Easter. How's that coming along? Is it nearly here?

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 Posts: 5,150

How sad for that poor pigeon Charlie. There are often news stories of people killed or injured by trees falling on cars etc in strong winds but I've not thought about the impact on wildlife before image 

A tree in a neighbouring garden seems to be leaning at a 30 degree angle, not quite gone over but definitely shifted. I can't see the bottom as it's a couple of houses away over the back. Probably not completely uprooted though as it would have taken down the fence it's hanging over.

According to BBC weather I have top temps of 10 degrees for the Easter weekend nutcutlet, does that count?  image  Can anyone beat that with a real scorcher?

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,063

Seemed calm here this morning but it's getting blowy again.  Next door hasn't removed his fence panel yet.  It seems wedged fairly tightly even though it's half falled over, so I don't think it's going anywhere.  A long way from my greenhouse thankfully.  The taller daffs have taken a bit of a battering though the smaller ones are fine.  Much prefer the smaller native variety so I think I will dig the big ones up this year and plant more of the others.  Thank goodness the alliums and the tulips are still relatively small at the moment.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands