Forum home The potting shed

Weather warnings issued

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 Posts: 5,150

Thank YOU Charlie November for adding the link to the met office.

I'm not clever enough to do things like that yet, just wanted to let everyone know about the predicted high winds.

Stay safe everyone.

• TesniTesni Posts: 163

Thanks for the warning. The wind is picking up now. Hope my cold frame stays in place.

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

Huge winds all night, even kept me awake.  Not a drop of rain though and I had bonemealed all the shrubs in the hope that it would all get washed in.  Out the door this morning and Scout immediately headed for the nearest tub with his nose in the air and was wandering round like a cat which had been on the catmint. Double drat!

• FruitcakeFruitcake Posts: 810

70mph wind howling up the Bristol Channel last night, just a few miles down the road. 

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 Posts: 5,150

Wet and windy overnight but no damage here.  Hail this morning and looking like a very blustery day ahead.

• BoaterBoater Posts: 241

Another terrible night here in the west of Scotland, it was just like January again.

No sleep lost, I'm used to it! image

Nothing to secure in the garden, I keep everything permanently secured image

I think the only reason I haven't had any trees down this year is that the weak bits all came down over the last few years, although the hospital's fir tree looked to be leaning quite a bit this morning. At least this time it is leaning towards the hospital rather than towards my and my neighbours gardens - we have already had a couple of trunks from it come down our way a few years ago!

But nature doesn't seem to mind too much, stuff still grows image

Hope everyone else's gardens, greenhouses and fences have survived!

• Sunny but windy here good day for clipping box balls and all the bits disappear into the distance????(I've lost my top smiley bar again)
  • DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

The washing line is full of dog blankets and beds, hope they don't end up elsewhere though they are all well pegged down.  Daffodils have stood up well to it all even the tall ones as have the tulips.  The birds are coping well with the hanging feeders even when they are nearly horizontal.

My smiley bar is present image, primrose

• treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,923

strong winds on Teesside overnight (and even now its blowy), my neighbours fence started disassembling itself at 2.30am so I was out in my pj's ripping the flailing panels off as they were getting close to my greenhouse. needless to say I didn't get back to sleep as every slight bang I had visions of my greenhouse smashed in a pile! image