Forum home The potting shed

bad day

What a bad day strong wind blown over my wooden cold frame and iv lost all my new seeds. Will now screw it to fence shame i never thought to do that a few weeks ago.

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Sorry to hear that graham, lesson learned image

• graham10graham10 Posts: 86

Thanks im hoping to of saved some sweet peas they were doing well they are about 6 weeks old i picked them up and repoted but not sure if the stress will kill them

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,360

fingers crossed for the sweet peas

Devon.

Thank-you

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,270

I'm really sorry to hear that graham image How horrible when something like that happens...

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Sorry to hear that Graham. It's been a nasty old day weather wise. Hope you manage to salvage some of your plants.

• OldtykeOldtyke Driffield.Posts: 155

S2weetpeas are tough, hope they survive.

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

They should survive if they still have their tops  attached to their bottoms.  It's been very rough here in Dorset after three days of ice on the birdbath in the mornings but everything seems to be growing as I look at it

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

Really scary day with the wind here as well. Things flying around all over the place - even my wheelbarrow went for a walk by itself! One of my bird tables has smashed on to the ground as well. I haven't wanted to be outside at all, and that's not like me!

well just finished screwing my cold frame to fence and will start some new seeds in april. On wards and up wards thats the british  weather and gardening for you folks