Forum home Wildlife gardening

View from my computer

This is one of the reasons I spend lots of time sitting at my computer!   I recently started hanging a coconut feeder from the eaves outside the window, and I now have a wonderful grandstand view of all the birds who visit, about 6' from me.   Lots of blue and great tits, chaffinches who have learned how to cling on, blackbirds (it intrigues me that they always sing out as they land!), robins and nuthatches, and woodpeckers.   As I sit here now, there are birds queueing up on the nearby branches, waiting for the woodpecker to leave.  

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,293

He's a handsome chapimage.  Wouldn't want to get in the way of that beakimage

• How wonderful nature is.

I had two Jays in the garden yesterday,and yes I know they are thugs but what a wonderful sight to see that flash of blue as they swoop in.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,850

Squirrels are a nuisance in my garden, so I use squirrel-proof bird feeders - the woodpecker can still get to the food in most of them though, thanks to that magnificent beak!

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

What a great photo. Envious of your view! 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,848

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Lovely sight 1of7image.  It must be very hard to leave your viewing spot in case you miss somethingimage