Forum home Problem solving

Greenhouse bar capping

I'm in the process of restoring an old greenhouse and want to replace the old glazing clips with bar capping. Does anyone know any good places to source this type of thing? The glazing at present sits between a wooden frame like this... --!!!-- with glass either side the middle bit being about 1 cm thick.


  • YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,050

    You could try they are really good.  I bought my greenhouse from them and they were very helpful on the phone when I became stuck.

    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • BluebaronBluebaron Posts: 226
    Thanks, looked there but no joy.

    Most of the products on the market are for attaching to a flat internal rafter.

    I have a 'T' bar with glass either side. The wood bridging the glass is starting to rot so I want to cap it.

    I guess the other option would be to plane it down level but that seems like hard work on a large greenhouse.
Sign In or Register to comment.