Forum home Talkback

friend or foe?

LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,596

He is on my kitchen table. doest fly has ridges on his back and a snout like front. Long feelers, slightly bent. about half inch long, plus feelers.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

Hi Lyn, it is a weevil of some sort

I've been trying to find an ID page so you can figure if it is friend of foe, best I've come up with is this:

http://www.naturespot.org.uk/taxonomy/term/19370

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Looks like a Vine Weevil - kill it and the grubs now.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,503

Looks like a vine weevil to me too 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

I think vine weevil too and if you've got one you've got more.  Do you have a plant in the kitchen?  If so it probably crawled out of there and the pot is probably full of grubs.  Very unwelcome guest as far as I'm concerned image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,596

I did think thats what is was, always got them in the pots at the end of the year, but can be controlled, by provado.

Have I plants in the kitchen,?  just a few, this conservatory door stays open all the time for warmth, however did it get on the table, they only walk! I have never seen an adult, they are all females so its now a late weevil!

I like your racks Lyn, been thinking I could squeeze more in if I had some racks. image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,596

Sorry, forgot to say thank you to everyone who replied, I havent the time really to look things up. X

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,503

Keeps the rest of us out of mischief Lyn image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Wow a lot growing there Lyn image