Forum home Talkback

Modern Art Alliums

Hello again! Did anyone take up the free modern art alliums offer in the autumn? If so ,can you share how  they are coming on please. Mine are in pots, about 4 inches high now.Just wondering what I should be doing next. It's my first time with Alliums, the purple sensation are not showing any leaves yet. Many thanks.

• Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,195

I planted mine into the border where they grew leaves more or less straight away (in November). The leaves are now sprawled flat on the ground (although they still look healthy) but no sign of further spring growth. Some of the other alliums that were planted the year before have also just started to show (including Purple Sensation).

• All our bulbs came up suicidally early in Dundee this year. Crocuses and Snowdrops are all doing fine, but the Alliums are still looking a bit surprised at the moment. 

• I forgot about me with being so busy with work, stored theme and found them last week. I have planted them in the garden........decided I had nothing to lose image

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,823

Mine were planted in the borders in Autumn and they have all come through, really pleased with them, lets hope they all flower now.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Many thanks everyone! image