Forum home The potting shed

anyone else ?

• I am finding many ladybirds on my inside windows  , don't k ow how they are getting in . Am I the only one, collected nine today, put them outside . Im wondering if they are the same ones that keep returning !

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,554

They are trying to get out.image

They come in during the winter (they can squeeze into tiny cracks) and wake up in the spring. They are wanting to go out, meet friends and find a meal of baby greenfly.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Me toimage I put them out telling them to fly away home,their house is on fire and their children aloneimage (think that's how the verse goes ,will have to check with 5 year old grandson he seems to know most thingsimage ) similar case for the butterfly I keep finding in the window .I thought they were coming in but yes it is more likely they are wanting to get out.

• granmagranma Posts: 1,925

I will start opening the Windows again .I have had them shut thinking that's how they were getting in!

• FruitcakeFruitcake Posts: 810

I had one or two in my garden last week image one was in my greenhouse 

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

I have to let them out too. Next it will be the hornets. Been nesting in our attic for years. I have to usher them out of the landing window in the summer.