RIP Terry Pratchett

KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

In my opinion a very brave man who faced dementia knowing what would happen to him, and shared his experiences in an attempt to help fellow sufferers. I loved the fact that he arranged for his death to be announced on his own Twitter page, one hell of a chapimage

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 7,091

R.I.P.  Terry Pratchett.   Brilliant author, brave man. 

• omg what a shame such a wonderful man image

• KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

It is very sad only 66. Early onset of any type of dementia is rapid and he knew that.

Not everyone's view but I so admired the documentary he made about assisted dying in Switzerland,  I'm pleased he didn't have to do that and died at home.  

• Yeah - very sad. A great writer. May he rest in peace.

• FruitcakeFruitcake Posts: 810

Yes, sad news indeed. He did so much to raise awareness, I hope that his work continues 

And there is something quite comforting (I think that's the right word) that his cat was on his bed with him as he passed 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,790

Yes, a brave man who gave an awful condition real dignity.  RIP image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • I agree, a great man and brilliant author. image

Thankfully he passed away without reverting to taking his own life, which of course was on his agenda.

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Brave indeed

• StagbeetleStagbeetle Posts: 174
    He was an amazing author and I love his books. Its so sad and he was so young. I work with people with dementia, its such a horrible illness!!!!!
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,892
    I've been a fan of his books for a long while and was at the event where he announced his diagnosis. It was a huge shock then and even now it doesn't seem real that such a talented brain could be stolen away. I hope he didn't suffer too much.