Forum home Garden design

My Garden 2012

2»

Jacqui, your garden is delightful, inspiring and worthy of many spectators. Good luck!

Artjak, the blue flower plant is Echium vulgare 'Blue Bedder', from Thompson & Morgan (from whom I also bought the Pandora's Children pansy seeds). I strongly recommend it: it blooms quickly (after two months from sowing) and forever, does not get disease, and the colour is unparalleled.

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 1,016
    jacqui whitmore wrote (see)

Lovely garden Jacqui.

Can I ask what you have edged your garden path with please (the straight edging between lawn & gravel)? Im wanting to create a similar edge between lawn & path in my garden.

Thanks.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Garden looking dreadful at the moment with all the rain.Grass is like mush as i have to walk on it to get to my chickens,hope it grows back OK! Leadfarmer asked what plants i,d used to line my pathways.Buxus Sempervirens,I've shaped them into box balls now they've grown abit bigger however the first lot i put in  a few years ago got box blight so i had to dispose of them on the bonfire and start again ,a common problem at the moment with all the rain we 've been having.Has anyone else had the same problem?

Sorry Jacqui, I meant the actual edging material, is it timber or a concrete edging?

Thanks.

• You wont believe this.They are lenghs of plastic skirting board left over from our conservatory which was erected 10 years ago.At the time i had little money so i used anything left over,however wood would probably look better, when the grass grows slightly it hides it.At least it wont rot!!

• What lovely photos hurry up spring,summer.
  • Beautiful.  I especially love the phlox by the windowsill.  I may steal that idea.

jacqui whitmore wrote (see)

You wont believe this.They are lenghs of plastic skirting board left over from our conservatory which was erected 10 years ago.At the time i had little money so i used anything left over,however wood would probably look better, when the grass grows slightly it hides it.At least it wont rot!!

Thanks Jacqui.