Forum home Garden design

my japanese garden

• thought I would share my Japanese Garden with you x

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Love the tea houseimage Well done to you

• arneilarneil Posts: 220

It is gorgeous

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,725

I love Japanese gardens, if I had space I would have one. looks great denise butcher have you got any more pictures? I hope your not paying that chap down there playing on his phone image I am joking I sure he been working hard

• Looks good and I love the house.

Some tips:

I would order the large stones representing the stream to make it look tidier.

The black rope used to tie the bamboo fence together is too thin - the Japanese use a thicker black twine and use a specific knot.

I would remove the bird feeder and bath as they look out of place

I took some pics of a Japanese style garden in Tallinn to give you some pointers:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/talkback/japanese-style-but-new-to-it-all-help-please/241124.html

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,760

Beautiful Denise, there is a lovely one in Cornwall if you ever get down this way.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thank you all, Lyn we are actually visiting the Cornwall one in August.and blairs....the bird feeder and bath arent there now and i will post more photos of the stream which is a stream and not a represented one, as for the fence hey ho we cant all be perfick!

• I was being helpful denise - suck it up if you think otherwise.

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,278

Denise, it must have taken a lot of work to get the garden looking so good.  I'm more of a cottage garden type of girl but I can appreciate a lovely garden when I see one. A work colleague created a stream in his garden and I always fancied one myself.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • blair you were so over critical, and no need for your "suck it up" comment. 

Yviestevie, I had cottage style in my last house and I do miss all the beautiful natural flowers, would love to see a photo of your garden to bring back memories x