Precious site.

This section of our gardening forum is, I feel, so valuable because as far as I know it seems to be the only one in regular use. I remember a few years ago, the RSPB ran a forum, but sadly no more. Also the BBC Autumnwatch and Springwatch allowed us to post our sightings and views. This one too came to an end. Such a shame, when one thinks of this massive subject.

• I guess the problem is that sites become over-run by trolls and hosts get fed up with trying to keep things under control.

• LucyLLucyL Posts: 163

There is an rspb forum on the rspb commuinty page, i'm on there and there is always people on it, they can help you identify practically anything, iv asked from bugs to birds and everything inbetween. I am on the rspb site everyday mon-fri.

heres the link:

http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/default.aspx

Under the wildlife tab there is a many page forums on different subjects from identifying something, asking an expert a question, lastest spottings, photos etc

Under Chat tab there are forum pages for books, gear, Helloo (for newbies to introduce themselves)  polls & quizzes, art bit, as well as "tea room" to generally talk about anything image

Everyone on there is very helpful and friendly, and as like on here there are many knowledgeable people who can give you advice and are surly going to have the answer for you're question image

Both this site and the rspb one are really good as they are both very active, you never have to wait long for an answer or a helpinghand to find someone who could help you image

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 1,197

I started a forum for native reptile and amphibians over a decade ago. It seems very quiet at this time of year, but it is warming up. It is at www.herpetofauna.co.uk/forum 

The members range from those with an interest in wildlife in the garden, to some of the leading experts in the UK. image It is always a good place to ask about frogs, toads, newts or reptiles. 

• cowslip2cowslip2 Posts: 96

Goodness! So glad I posted. The two sites suggested by LucyL and GemmaJF have pleased me no end. I was unaware of their existence, but now I will be visiting often. Thank you.

• LucyLLucyL Posts: 163

Its no bother image glad i can help you and other on where to find good advice etc