Forum home Talkback

Hello!

seilseil Posts: 16

Hello everyone!  I just found this forum on line and joined.  I wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Sharon but everyone calls me seil.  I live in a northern Detroit, Michigan suburb on Lake Saint Clair, zone 6b.  I have a subdivision lot with a backyard garden of mostly perennials but my main garden passion is roses.  I'm excited to get to know you all!

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

Hi seil, hope you enjoy it here image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,705

Hello seil. Is it  bit chilly there at the moment?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,923

Welcome seilimage

• TesniTesni Posts: 158

Hi seil! Would love to see a pic of your garden.

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,671

Welcome Seil.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,565

Hi Seil welcome to the site.

However did Sharon get changed to Seil?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• seilseil Posts: 16

Hello everyone!  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Oh yes, fidgetbones, it's down right nippy, lol!

Lyn, I have a group of friends I've known for about 50 years now, since high school, they all had nicknames and couldn't come up with a good one for Sharon.  Out of the blue one of them started calling me seil and it stuck.  I came up with the spelling and later learned there is an island off the coast of Scotland with the same spelling.  I pronounce it like the animal "seal".  I have no idea how it's pronounced in Scotland.

• seilseil Posts: 16

Oops, Tesni, I meant to post a photo of my garden for you and forgot.  Lets see if I can figure out how to do this.

This is an old photo from 2006 but it's my favorite one of the main front bed.  Unfortunately it's never looked so good since, lol!

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,995

Hello seil. That looks lovely. I wonder what time it is with you? I'm in France and it's 4.07am. Bunged up nose, can't sleep.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,478

Welcome from a fellow American (Utah).  Seems you guys have all our snow this winter.  Was was 52F here yesterday.. we're not living up to our claim of "the best snow on Earth" this year.  

Utah, USA.