Forum home Fruit & veg

Garlic

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

Willowkitten, you were the one who started the 'big, bad corporations' nonsense.  Did you really expect your comments to go unchallenged? For you to say what you like and everybody else to go along with it? And immediately accuse those who disagree of upsetting the status quo.  Classic mob tactics if I may say so

• Oh...it's nonesense? DorsetUK do your own research and look at their affiliates and if you don't find at least one major bank behind them, then please do let me knowimage 

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    Hey! Willowkitten, I didn't say whether I was in favour of GM or not. I just wanted you to give reliable sources for what you wrote. You wrote that garlic cloves might be contaminating the soil. How exactly?
  • I never mentioned GM, Welshonionimage 

Well, what did you mean when you mentioned Monsanto and modify in the same post?
  • I didn't mean GM, what you made out of it is your own conclusion, not mineimage 

Well, what did you mean?
  • Well,what did you mean? It was you and not me that mentioned GM. So please don't ask me what I meant with something I have not mentionedimage 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,699
    Willowkitten wrote (see)

.... I thought: "Supermarket...I wouldn't put it past them if these are modified and could contaminate the soil if planted out". ...

???

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• janetclairejanetclaire DorsetPosts: 49
    Hello sorry to butt in on the discussion...but I'm wanting to ask about planting garlic. I have two bulbs from Dobies (Solent White I think) which I haven't planted out yet due to various reasons. One bulb has gone soft but the other seems OK. Can I plant them now? Or is it too late? I was thinking in pots (maybe newspaper ones for ease of replanting) and put them in cold GH? Thanks! ???