My efforts

• LucyLLucyL InvernessPosts: 163

I really like your big beasty hotel - How much would it be for one like that? maybe a slightly smaller version... 

• LukeBLukeB Posts: 46

@ Verdun, good idea actually show them off properly! Thanks

@ LucyL - no idea to be honest, email me if ok, [email protected]

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,030

Luke, try to work out what the materials would cost if you had to buy everything, eg how many bird boxes from a certain size of wood, glue (if used) screws, wood treatment etc.  Then you know the minimum of what you should accept.  Then it's up to you to work out how much your time is worthimage. With the quality of your work I wouldn't stint on thatimage

LesleyK - good points - to be honest, I had in mind (think I am close?!)

Bird houses - £15

Planter (shed photo) £10

Someone in my work offered me £150 for the insect hotel! I turned it down as it is a present from my kids for wife for mothers day image

But I can build to any size, this one is approx 20" wide and 3' tall with the roof. plants will be added to the inside of roof too. photos soon.

I have also begun building a website to sell my bits, still very early days though!

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,517

Really look forward to the website as your creations are beautiful image

Thank you image made this for my little girl too (not gardening!)

building the website in evenings, but here is a sneak peak www.simplywooden.co.uk

All complete and on the fence, very pleased.

For reference this is quite large, main box is 20" x 20" and stands 32" tall.

I can make to order in ANY size and shape you'd like if anyone interested?

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,227

LUKE B.   What a grand job you and your daughter have made.  Particularly like the insect hotel and the troughs.   If I lived near you I would certainly buy some.  They look very well made. image

• Hi Luke, I think you and your daughter should go on the Dragons Den with thoseimage They are wonderful

Thanks both image

Another item made Sunday, a birdhouse/planter combo, though wish I'd put a peak roof on it. Don't like this roof style now I have made it.